Aim of the Day:
World diabetes day is celebrated on November 14 each year. Led by international diabetes federation, the main goal is to bring a global awareness campaign focusing on diabetes mellitus. This year’s theme is family and diabetes – awareness and the impact that diabetes has on the family and support network of those affected.
Overview of Diabetes:
Diabetes is a disease in which there are high sugar levels in the blood (hyperglycemia).
The most common types of Diabetes are:
It is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces very less or no insulin.
It is also a chronic condition in which your body can not utilize the insulin produced by your pancreas.
It is a condition in which blood sugar levels are higher but not as high as type-2 diabetes.
It is a condition that shows high blood glucose levels during pregnancy.
1.Weight gain or obesity
2. Inactive, the less inactive you are the more prone to diabetes
6.Polycystic Ovary syndrome
Common symptoms that are seen in type-1 and type-2:
4.Sudden weight loss
8.Poor immune system
9.Taking too long to heal wounds
10.Frequent infections which include gums, skin, and vaginal infections.
How Does Family Support Matter If Effected with Diabetes:
1. Awareness about the disease among family members can help the patient to improve their psychological wellbeing.
2. Diabetes is a chronic disease that needs life long care for management or control.
3. Proper care and timely identification of new symptoms that the patient acquired and reporting them to the doctor can help the patient to improve their symptoms soon rather than making a big infection.
1. Well balanced meals
2. Do not skip your medication
3. Beware of carbohydrate food
4.No sugar and sweetened foods
5. Regularly exercise
6. Check your blood sugar levels
8. Go for a routine checkup
9.Clear all your doubts with your doctor
10.Stick to your diabetic meal plan
Therefore, know more about the disease and their symptoms and make your lives better with awareness, keep spreading the word, bring awareness, and make your life diabetic free!